Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Mandy's Apple Cake



Mandy's Apple Cake

Many was a lady I worked with in Tasmania, she made me a yummy Apple cake  and then ever so kindly gave me this recipe as I liked it so much,

 I made this last night and it is very yummy, I had a bowl of  Cherry's left over from Christmas that needed to be used , so I cored them and cut up cooked with a splash of lemonade and when simmered down to sticky cherry's mixed in with my tin of Apples

          Base & Crumble                   
  •   125g melted butter                                         
  •   ½ cup sugar
  •   1 teaspoon Vanilla
  •   1 ½ cups S.R Flour
  •   1 beaten egg
            Fruit Filling
  • 1 tin Pie apples or 6 just stewed apples in quarters
  • Optional - a sprinkling or fresh raspberries or blackberries on top of the apples.
  • Or Cherrys :)

            Method
  • Press ¾ into a round tin
  • Add the fruit
  • Mix ½ cup S.R Flour with remaining mixture and crumble on top
  • Bake in a Moderate oven 35 – 40 minutes
  •  Best made the day before and left covered when cool in the fridge, makes it nice and moist.
  • Serve with cream or custard

No comments:

Post a Comment