Saturday, December 15, 2012

Thai Fish Cakes



Thai Fish Cakes
Mild
1 tsp. Canola spread,
1 tsp. crushed garlic
1 tsp. minced ginger
½ tsp. chilli (more if you like hot)
I cooked potato cold, diced extra small
1/3 diced capsicum
1 egg
50g grated cheese
450g firm white fish (mince the fish)
I used Nile Perch from Woolworths as it’s only about $6.50 for a nice big piece of fish, but I am sure even tinned salmon or tuna would work for this recipe well too.


These are really easy to make I made them in the morning and put in the fridge till lunch time to make sure the flavours had blended well, They are also great cold with salad as I had them the next day for tea.
So it’s just like making hamburgers make sure everything is cut up small, I used a processor for the fish and then mixed all the ingredients in by hand, it’s a bit gooey but fun too.
 
I used an ice cream scoop to make the cake size balls flattened in my hand and then put on a plate in the fridge when ready, if you keep your hands nice and cold wash under the tap between each fish cake your hands don’t stick much
Spray your frypan with cooking oil and cook on a medium to hot heat turn when nice and brown , eat hot or cold yummo.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Ann, they are very tasty I just ate the last three for tea cold :)

    ReplyDelete